International School Higher Studies
Accueil > School Curriculum > After Grade 12


After Grade 12


France is a favorite  destination for Higher Studies (after the Baccalaureat exam – University level) :


French language -  spoken as a first or second language by 181 million people in all 5 continents.  In addition,  83  million people are enrolled in various schools to study French.  It means that the French language is shared by 264 million people.


Diversified system of higher education 
A network of  3,500  internationally renowned educational establishments for higher studies and research centers : universities as  well as schools specialized in engineering, commerce, art, fashion, design, architecture, medicine …
Tuition fees are the cheapest in the world and registration fees are among the lowest since the French government subsidizes schools and universities  without making any differences between French and foreign students:  same admission procedures, same diplomas and similar fees.


Pioneering & innovative science and  technology  programs –  specially in the field of research - concerning  transportation, electronics, telecommunications, chemistry, biotechnology,  health and  spatial research…


Higher Studies & Diplomas
The French system is organized  along with the common European set-up :  Bachelor’s degree, Master and Doctorate (LMD), taking into account the number of years that have been validated after the Baccalauréat.  All national diplomas have the same value, whichever French university/school issues them.

Years after the Baccalauréat (BAC) Diplomas
+2 years = 4 semesters Technology University Diploma (DUT)
Specialized Higher Technician (BTS)
+3 years = 6 semesters Bachelor’s Degree
+5years = 10 semesters Master
Engineering Diploma
Commerce and Management Diploma
+6years Dentistry
+8 years = 18 semesters Doctorate
+9 years Doctorate in Medicine

Studies Abroad

To go abroad is to give an international dimension to one’s studies and many students choose this path.  It’s an asset in their future professional life to prove their flexibility.  The educational level of the students who have been educated in a French school is very much appreciated worldwide  because of the solid education they acquired.  It is important to know that students who have obtained their Baccalauréat  in a French school,  are accepted  to study in most foreign countries and their diplomas are fully recognized.  Also, students who are already enrolled in a French university have the possibility to go temporarily abroad for one or several years as part of their university program.

Exchange  of students

The European Credit Transfer System is such that credits obtained in European universities  may be credited in France or other European countries. The LMD system facilitates the recognition of studies in any European country, encourages students to enroll abroad  and is constantly working on the flexibility of the system.


Agreements are signed between universities and schools to facilitate the payment of tuition fees.  Several kinds of scholarships may be availed of and it is recommended to take the time to secure detailed information regarding financing from one’s own university/school before going abroad.


1.    Programs in Europe and worldwide

The SOCRATES  program is the main tool to promote the exchange of students in Europe and it links several programs  such as Erasmus, Lingua…

The ERASMUS program is intended for 2nd year enrollees in a university/school of higher learning. It allows any student to study 3 to 12 months in another  European university on the condition that he/she is citizen of the country where he/she was initially enrolled .

The ERASMUS scholarship intended for ERASMUS students  is not automatic.  Scholarship requests must be submitted at the university and may be completed by  additional financial assistance  for change of residence.  All French universities are participants of this ERASMUS program.

The LINGUA  program is designed for students of languages who want to become teachers in the future.

The LEONARDO program concerns students or young graduates who want to undergo practical training in a European company for a limited time from 3 to 12 months. 
Please refer to for additional information
There are different programs which allow students to study abroad in a foreign university.

Canada (Québec)  - CREPUQ program

Possibility to study 3 to 12 months in a Canadian (Quebec) university (Mc Gill, Laval…).  It may include practical training in a company after a minimum of 3 months of completed studies in a Canadian university.  This program is offered to 2nd year university students whose credits obtained abroad will be considered for the issuance of their diploma in their country of origin.  Please refer to for more  information including a list of French universities that belong to this program.

United States of America

MICEFA program (Coordination for French-American university exchanges)
Possibility to study in the United States during one semester or one school year and  is offered to 2nd year university students who passed the TOEFL.  Tuition fees in the American university are waived for the student for one whole year. Earned credits are considered for the issuance of the diploma issued by the French university but not by the host American university for the issuance of a diploma.
Please refer to for more information

ISEP program – gives the possibility to study for one or two trimesters in an American university for students who have passed the 2nd year university tests and  the TOEFL  (minimum score : 213 points).  Please refer to for more information


2. Many schools have training programs of international character

International exchanges are a requirement of many schools which make it compulsory for a student to study abroad before the diploma is given.

The Institute of Political Sciences requires all students to study abroad and, in some cases, students are thus able to receive a diploma, from both the university/school  of origin and the hosting university.

The prestigious  HEC School of Commerce belongs to the Community of European Management Schools (CEMS) linking establishments such as ESADE in Barcelona, BOCCONI in Milan and the university of Cologne  and created a CEMS  European degree.   For a Master,  the student will study 2 semesters in HEC in France and in a partner school plus a minimum of 10 weeks practical training anywhere else abroad.

The Program in International Management (PIM)  favors a complete immersion of one whole year in a partner university such as McGill University (Montreal) Tsinghua University (Beijing) and the National University of Singapore.

Going abroad  is compulsory in all schools of higher studies for engineers (Mines of Paris, INSA of Lyon)

The TIME Program  is participated in by engineering schools such as Centrale, Supelec, ENSAE of Toulouse,  facilitating  studies abroad for one or two years. The curriculum is accredited by the partner schools and therefore students may obtain a diploma from both entities.

Many universities offer “double” Master degrees.
In this case studies are jointly organized by both partner schools and students must reside abroad for pre-determined periods of time.

“Double” Masters may also be obtained within the ERASMUS-MUNDUS framework in which case it’s compulsory to study at least 2 semesters in a foreign university.



Previous Page - International School - Senior High School (grades 10 to 12)


Contact Us

Your Email Address :
Your Name :
Message :
French School Manila
75 Swaziland Street
Better Living Subdivision
1711 Parañaque City

Tel. : 0063 2 776 1000
Fax : 0063 2 824 69 27